note: (12/10/05) Some browsers, such as Netscape, now have severe security restrictions and may block downloads. You may need to adjust your browser security settings or use a different browser such as Internet Explorer to successfully download files.
If you have not already done so, you MUST download and install WEBciv.zip before attempting to download and install the other versions!!!
DOWNLOAD WEBciv.zip (about 6 mb) <>After downloading:
(1) Unzip files into the main CWG2 directory (same folder which has application file CWG2.exe).
(2) Find the file named " CIVwar" in your CWG2 directory and paste a shortcut to it on your desktop.
(You can change the appearance of the shortcut icon by right clicking it and browsing back to the new CIVILWAR flag icon in your CWG2 directory).
(3) Click the shortcut icon to set up play for enhanced Civil War. After setup, your original CWG2 icon will start the game in whatever version was last previously set up.
download & unzip test scenario into your SCENARIO folder DOWNLOAD civtest.zip
(4)Look in historical battles for "CIVwar test". Select it and make sure you see the new Rebel frigate unit and supply wagons before attempting to install more versions.
(5) Find the file named " ORIGwar" and paste a shortcut to it on your desktop.
(You can change the appearance of the shortcut icon by right clicking it and browsing back to the new US MAP icon in your CWG2 directory).
(6) Click the shortcut icon to set up play for original Sierra Civil War. After setup, the original Sierra CWG2 icon starts the game in whatever version was most recently set up.
**AND, each and every other version you installed before 3-31-05 should also be re-installed**
(7) Windows 98 users will need to install patch found on Patches page.
Unzip following downloads into main CWG2 directory:
WEBmex.zip (about 1.3 mb) Download Mexican War WEBnap.zip (about 1.3 mb) Download Napoleonic War (Revision 3-05-2006)
WEBsyw.zip (about 1.6 mb) Download 7 Years War , and 1776 Revolutionary War